Sesame is holding a workshop for highly talented puppeteers, age 18 and over, who are looking to develop and hone their on-camera puppeteer skills. If you are familiar with the Sesame Street style of puppetry, and interested in the opportunity to participate in a puppeteer workshop in New York City in early 2014 please apply as directed below:
1. Make a short video (3 minutes MAX) showcasing your talents as a puppeteer following these guidelines:
- Introduce the video as yourself.
- Enter and exit frame with your puppet (it’s helpful if the puppet you use has good eye focus).
- Show a variety of character voices (3-4 minimum). Please note: we want to see your original character voices, not your imitation of existing Sesame Street character voices.
- Finish your video with a short song…we would like to hear you sing!
Please note: your submission will not be reviewed without the signed release.
No emails or videos will be accepted after October 11, 2013. And please bear in mind that space is very limited. We will contact you with more details only if you are selected. If you have previously submitted materials to us, you must resubmit them following the guidelines above.
Please note that acceptance into and/or participation in this puppeteer workshop is in no way an employment audition for Sesame Street or any Sesame Workshop production.