The longest running tour in the history of the USO hit the road again this week when the Sesame Street/USO Experience for Military Families kicked off its latest adventure at the Scott Air Force Base in Illinois. Between now and November the tour will stop at 65 military installations around the country and put on more than 235 shows. The tour features Elmo, Rosita, Cookie Monster, Grover, Honker and Katie, a new character created specifically for the tour to help children of military families deal with the challenges of relocation. Get a closer look at the fun everyone had at the tour’s inaugural show by clicking through the photos below. And be sure to stop back by SesameWorkshop.org throughout April, month of the military child, to learn more about the way our organization supports the families of the brave men and women who serve our country.
muppets on a mission
Learn more about our international co-productions, outreach initiatives, technological innovation and research methods by signing up for our weekly newsletter.
- Sesame Street Explores National Parks
- Kindergartners’ Skills at School Entry Report and Sesame Street Framework for School Readiness
- Sesame Street Wins Six Emmys!
- With Food, Hope, and Cookie Monster
- Sesame Workshop's 12th Annual Gala Honoring Joan Ganz Cooney
- Sesame in the U.S. (133)
- Outreach (53)
- Sesame Around The World (40)
- Education and Research (17)
- Technology (16)
- The Art of Sesame (7)